Thursday, June 23, 2011

Write it on the wall, please!

What is God’s purpose for my life? Do I even have a purpose in life? How will I know what God wants me to do? Will He write it on the walls, or do I need to discover it? HELP…I want to live purposefully! Sound familiar? Well, I have good news! YOU HAVE PURPOSE. Read on to see…

P… A Plan has been created for your life by God ….just for YOU! Jeremiah 29:11 says, “For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you, not to harm you; plans of hope and a future.” Trust God. He indeed is the Man with a Plan.
U…Unique is one of God’s favorite characteristics, I’m convinced! There is no one like our God, and guess what? There is no one like YOU either! Ephesians 2:10 says, “that we are God’s masterpiece…a work of art!” Unique and one of a kind. What does He want you to do for Him that only YOU can do?
R…Redemption is always on God’s radar. He wants to take your “mess” and weave it into His plan for you. Yes, He wants to use your past, your pain, your faults for His glory. Impossible you say? Why don’t you take a stroll through His Word and read about the lives of Joseph, Moses, David, Paul, and Peter.
P… the Power of the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary to fulfill God’s purpose for our lives. “Apart from Him, we can do nothing.” (Jn. 15: 5) “Now to Him who is able to do immeasurable more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us.” (Eph. 3:20)
O…Obedience and commitment on our part is required. God may call us to do something that seems impossible or makes us feel uncomfortable. We must trust Him and obey Him. “By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.” Heb. 11: 8
S…Serving is something we do for others, but whenever we do it with humility and passion, we somehow are the ones that gain incredible blessing. “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord…” Col. 3:23.
E…Experience life to the fullest! I am fully convinced that people that live life purposefully, who know who they are in Christ and what God has given them to do, truly experience abundant life. They are fruitful and they are fulfilled. (Jn. 10:10)
So, are you living a life with PURPOSE? I want to challenge you to consider that question. In the last year, I have had the privilege of meeting with so many of you and helping you find your purpose in the Kingdom. Some of you would prefer Him to write your purpose on the wall, right? That may or may not happen. But I can guarantee that if you seek Him, you will find Him. Because remember…he is the Man with the Plan.

2 comments:

Julie Gillies said...

Hi Kelli,
Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I'm doing my best to live a life of purpose, and will continue as long as I have breath and God allows!

Looking forward to meeting you at She Speaks! :-)

Kelli Williams Wommack said...

Thanks, Julie! I am obviously just getting started in this blogging thing. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to meeting you as well!