Friday, July 29, 2011

Be Still or Be Stilled







I know, I know.  I was supposed to post more about my She Speaks weekend next.  And I will.  But today, I am taking a small detour...a little challenge.  I am joining a bunch of writers and giving myself five minutes to write about a topic.  No worries.  No editing. Just words.  God's Word never returns void, whether it is taught in five minutes or five hours.  Here we go...

Be still and know that I am God.  It is a command that has sweet reward.  To say "Enough!" to the busyness of this life and settle in with Him is always a good thing. Knowing that He is God.  He is faithful.  And He is Enough to cover our "Enough!"  Praise You, Jesus!


So, maybe you are familiar with that verse.  Maybe you surrender to that command often.  Maybe not so much.  Regardless, you hear the command and the call.  


What about being "stilled?"  See, if you know me, being still is quite difficult for me.  And so even though I hear the command and the calling to be still and know that He is God, I wrestle.  I am restless.  


Zephaniah 3: 17 has a part that says,  "He will quiet you with His love."  That means He will STILL you.  He will "leave off speaking"  with his love (unspeakable love, tender mercies.)  Have you ever had someone's silence minister great love to you?  No words are necessary.  I picture my child that is crying uncontrollably and when I hug him closely, he begins to breathe and settle. That, my friend, is being STILLED.

So, Be still or be stilled.  



Unwrap that gift of His enoughness today!

Kelli

http://www.incourage.me/2011/07/five-minute-friday-still.html

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

PERFECT!!!!
I love this.
you really captured it.

BARBIE said...

Visiting from 5 Minute Friday! You quoted one of my favorite scriptures. And today I shall unwrap the gift of His enoughness! I love it.

Jenn said...

I love it precious new friend.. i love loved Zephaniah 3:17.. what an awesome scripture promise.. i am praying for you friend

Bekah Wommack said...

You did this in five minutes? Awesome!

Laurie Wallin said...

Love that: "Unwrap that gift of enoughness." Oooh, that's a tough one for someone driven to see God's good in people, and in me... now. :) Thanks for the exhortation!

Anonymous said...

Slow + quiet = peace

Nicely stated. Love your inspiration. Keep it up!

Brent