Monday, August 29, 2011

eMpowering Mondays

“In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity”  -~ Albert Einstein

Last week was incredibly difficult for me. For a multitude of reasons. And in the midst of it, I honestly wanted to quit and run.  Run like Forrest Gump. Keep running and never stop. Maybe then I would finally end up somewhere where I wouldn't feel the need to run again. 

You and I both know that wouldn't happen.  There will always be difficulties.  We live in a fallen world where things just go wrong and life is hard. So, if we can't or shouldn't run away from those problems, what should we do? 

Ask God to show you what He wants to teach you in this difficult time. Instead of asking, "Why me?," let us ask, "What do you want to teach me?" So, Thursday night after four days of tears and wounds brought by the enemy, I approached the approachable Savior and asked Him for instruction. 

I found clarity in the midst of chaos. God began to lay out for me what He wanted me to focus on - especially in my blog writing.  I had been praying for God to help me find my niche in the writing world.  This is the result of my time with Him:

eMpowering Mondays - Each Monday, on the blog, facebook page,and twitter, I will focus on unwrapping the gift of God's incredible power. Together we will:
  • recognize and record the power of God at work in our lives. (I'll be asking for your stories!)
  • learn to access the power of God that is readily available to us.
  • discover the value of empowering others to live out their calling as we seek to live out our own calling
I am so excited about this! (I'll be introducing another theme on Wednesday.)

So, for today, I am asking you to help me "tell of the Power of God's awesome works." He is worthy of praise!




 Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; 
his greatness no one can fathom. 
One generation commends your works to another; 
they tell of your mighty acts. 
They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty— 
and I will meditate on your wonderful works. 
 They tell of the power of your awesome works— 
and I will proclaim your great deeds.  Psalm 145: 3 - 6

Now, it's your turn! Leave a comment and tell us about a recent experience where you saw the power of God at work in your life.

Grateful to unwrap this gift of His power together,

Kelli


Linking up with Playdates at the Wellspring





8 comments:

Jenn said...

Kelli- I just love your blog posts.. they are always encouraging and right what I need to hear. God was just revealing His power to me through Ps. 121 and reminding me of how I can lift my eyes to the heaven and that is where my help comes from. i remember in nepal I would occasionatly get a peak of the huge himilayan mtns when God would part the clouds and Ps 121 would seem so true. Believing God to part the clouds for me right now! (and you) love ya friend
Jenn

Unknown said...

Thanks Kelli on this great post - perfect being on God's power. This is exactly what He has been showing me lately. Recently, I have found in my circumstances a total emptying of all that I have and am to the point of knowing I have nothing left...within myself. This used to happen seasonally, but recently has become daily, sometimes more. I don't intend on trying to do what He has called me to do alone, but somewhere along the day the gear shifts to that mode. Not a secure feeling but a great reminder of God never desires for us to work alone. He patiently waits til I get to that point and faithfully renews me and fills me and that's the MOST secure place in the world to be! "Step by Step." http://youtu.be/yF2pSvB-ztI

Kelli Williams Wommack said...

Jenn, so good to hear from you! Love your stories of Nepal. What a great illustration of Ps 121. I am praying for God to part the clouds for you to see those great mountains that He intends for you to climb WITH Him!

Carmen, When we get to the end of self, we find that He is there...and He is all we need! I am praying for you as you daily seek His power and His grace in your life!

Jennifer said...

I do want to proclaim his great deeds. And I want to use every platform to do it, so thank you for the prompt to do so! :)

In the past 6 months He has been showing me in amazing ways that He is mighty and can handle all of my needs. He has provided almost all of the money I need for a mission trip and, in the last couple of weeks, he provided my THREE children with beautiful, gently used clothes, shoes and swimsuits for this season and the next (about $1,500 worth, if I had to guess!)--FOR FREE. He is teaching me that if I trust him, He will provide. Also that once I receive, give it away!

I have always wanted to "help the children who don't have anything," but have never had a real passion for giving. He is changing me every daY!

marygems said...

My daughter [26] has just been staying in Germany with my penfriend of 46 years[ but have never met] She was required to do a great deal of walking each day and got a stress fracture in her foot. The German friend was kind in many ways but insisted on the walking- and she managed another 9 days of it through the power of God enabling her- before returning to the UK and treatment.We are giving God glory for his faithfulness in answering our heart cries.
May i subscribe by email?

Kelli Williams Wommack said...

Marygems, welcome! thank you for sharing your story of God's power at work.Amazing power! I would love for you to subscribe via email...you can do that on the left of the post. god bless you and I look forward to sharing this journey with you! You can also join my Facebook page where we will have discussion in between blog posts!

Jennifer, So proud of you and glad for you. I love seeing God a work in you!

Isabel said...

Today as I put the finishing touches on my blog (for launch next week) and was feeling those whispers of insecurity I listened to an online sermon. At first it was just a good sermon, but by the end it was SO just talking to me. You know, God is awesome to be in the details and have His power overwhelm and empower us.

Lovely post.

Bekah Wommack said...

Thank you so much for this post. I've tried to run ever since I heard the news, and that hasn't gotten me anywhere. I'm trying to search for the good in this situation now, and I'm finally starting to feel better.