In a day of Pinterest and ideas at your fingertips, I still subscribe to a few magazines. One of my favorites is Southern Living. (yes, I am a Southern girl. If you are dying to hear a Southern accent, you can click here for my first vlog.) And so, this morning I picked up my March Southern Living and took a gander at the front cover. "Instant Spring Makeovers" caught my eye. Gazing at the table of contents, I realize that the "Instant Spring Makeovers" covers 37 pages. Wow! That's a lot of instant makeovers.
As I begin perusing those 37 pages, I honestly didn't see anything that was made over in an instant. Instead, I found articles with pages of beautiful homes, patios and gardens detailing actions like
- How to replace your front door and shutters
- How to lay a stone pathway
- How to upgrade your fencing and gates
- Replace retaining walls with beautiful stone wall
- Planting a useful and beautiful herb garden
- Changing all the hardware surrounding your entryway
Now, I know I am not Martha Stewart, but I don't believe any of these things are instant. If they were, I would just wiggle my nose and snap, crackle, pop...they would appear. But that's not how it works.
Friends, you want an instant makeover? Jesus will not disappoint.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:17
God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21 (NIV)
Now, I know that the sanctification process of becoming more like Christ and living for Christ isn't instant...but our hearts are cleansed from sin the moment we confess our sins and our need for a Savior...now that is an instant makeover! (1 John 1:9)
And when you peruse God's Word you will find the Living Word of God with pages of beautiful stories of God detailing actions like
- How to replace your attitude and thoughts with thoughts of God (Philippians 4:8)
- How to lay stones for a tangible reminder of God's faithfulness (Joshua 3 - 4)
- How to upgrade the fencing and gates of your mind (Philippians 4:7)
- Replacing broken walls by rebuilding and restoring what the enemy has torn down (Isaiah 58:12)
- Planting us by streams of Living Water to be useful and fruitful (Psalm 1:3)
- Changing the entryway of our mind and heart (2 Corinthians 10:5)
- And so much more!
Lord, may you make us over today...instantly and gradually as we long to become more and more like You.
Need a makeover today? I know I could use a good mind makeover at times. Let God do His work in you today. And I would love to hear about it! Comment by clicking here.
I am Living for ONE!