Friday, January 27, 2012

Who do you say that I am?


When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?” They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 
“But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” 
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.  Matthew 16: 13 - 16


I have been wrestling with this Scripture all week during prayer week at our church. 

What about YOU, Kelli? Who do YOU say that I am?

You are the Christ. You are Lord.

Then why do you live your life at times as if you are Lord?

You are the Creator and Sustainer.

Why do you seek sustenance elsewhere?

You are my Rock, my Shelter.

I want to be, but you often look for security in others.

You are the Healer, the Great Physician.

Do you really believe this? 

You are my friend.

I long to be your BEST friend. The one that you run to before you call, tweet, or post.

Lord, help me to live in a way that reflects the words that I       speak. Help my words to be... more than just words.

Kelli


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we are in a similar place Kelly. My answers echo yours.

Kelli Williams Wommack said...

Jo, my Aussie friend, we will pray for each other to go deeper with God, to trust Him more, and to walk our talk!