Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Yet I Will Rejoice!


Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,  though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LordI will be joyful in God my Savior. Habakkuk 3: 17 - 18





I just shared with you last week about my life on a mine train. If you didn't get a chance to read it...click here. And if you did read it and you are wondering if it was a true story,yes it is! And if you are wondering why you have never heard it before...well, it is a memory I chose to forget!


Nevertheless, I know and am living proof that life is hard. There are days we just want to stay in the bed. Or go and bury ourselves somewhere and hope no one finds us for a few days. Sometimes we want to give in or give up. Some days we find ourselves crying out in desperation. 


In the verses of scripture above, Habakkuk reminds us that there will be days (maybe even years) that life appears hopeless. But we can CHOOSE to REJOICE! He uses that little word, "yet." In the Habakkuk context, it means despite the fact that life is hard and unfruitful and hopeless, I choose to praise my God.


I have the pleasure of sharing my heart about rejoicing in the face of opposition as I guest post at Keeping It Personal today. I encourage you to go there and read that short, but uplifting post as well. Here's the link: React or Rejoice?

We have a choice today as we look at our life circumstances. Will we choose to react, to give up, to get mad? Or will we choose to rejoice knowing and trusting that we have a God who loves us, who has a plan for our lives, and who is with us!


If you choose to REJOICE today, I would love for you to comment! We all need encouragement. We are a community of faith and we share each other's struggles. If you are reading by email and would like to comment, click here.


Living for ONE,


Kelli

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Reminds me of the Matt Redman song Blessed Be Your Name:

My heart will CHOOSE to say blessed be Your name!

It's a choice.

Cailey Dumler said...

Thank you, Kelli. Although I am not fearing near the trials you are, I have felt in a funk all week. This blog was timely for me. I appreciate your encouragement and yes, I will choose to rejoice.